RULES/GUIDELINES FOR USING METAL DETECTORS AT THE SBEA LAKE
- Valuables found must be turned into the Lake Store or office and if not claimed within 30 days, will be turned over to the finder.
- Do not dig leaving unfilled excavations.
- Do not harm vegetation, creatures of the field, natural resources or the personal property of others.
- Do not destroy Lake property; buildings, trees, or grounds by digging or scraping.
- Do not trespass onto SBEA property that has been secured or defy any of the SBEA Lake rules.
- Be considerate of others using the lake property. Do not infringe on their picnic or fishing area.
- Report any finds relating to criminal activity or archeological significance to the lake staff so they can notify the proper authorities.
- Minors (17 & Under) using detectors, must have adult supervision who are willing to accept responsibility for the minor’s actions.
- Discard any finds that would be harmful to children or animals in the trash receptacles.
- Be willing to assist SBEA in finding lost valuables of distraught owners.
ANY PERSON FAILING TO COMPLY WITH SBEA METAL DETECTING RULES WILL BE WARNED. ADDITIONAL INCIDENTS COULD RESULT IN ASKING SAID PERSONS TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY, AND OR LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP.
If a member tells you they are coming in to use a metal detector, give them a copy of the Rules/Guidelines for this activity.