News For Members
2020 Membership Cards
We are holding off on handing out the 2020 membership cards until we receive an updated member list from Spirit payroll department. Please continue using your 2019 membership card until further notice. We are sorry for this delay and appreciate your understanding. Watch our Facebook page for updated information on when we will send the membership cards out. If you have any questions, please contact Missy at 316-522-2996.
March 7, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Catfish caught wins a Coleman wheeled cooler. You must be a member and register your catch with the ranger, and fish must be legal size and alive.
February Creel Catch
Catfish 19, Trout 209, Bass 3 Total 231
Save up to 30% off on all red tagged tackle & merchandise located on the table at the front of the store by the register.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 6:00p.m.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Lake & Store are both closed on Monday & Tuesday year round except for some holidays.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Lake & Store are both closed on Monday & Tuesday year round except for some holidays.
Getting Laid Off?
A SBEA member who has been laid off work may continue their SBEA membership for 4 years following their layoff. You will not be allowed to do payroll deductions, but you’ll have all other benefits of membership including the recreational use of the lake. The cost for the membership is $182.00 a year and can be paid at the SBEA Administrative Office at 4226 S. Gold. Questions, please call Missy at 522-2996.
SBEA provides a listing of merchants willing to provide discounts as a service to our members.
Members, please call SBEA at 526-2111 for the code on the following 3 perks which can be used anywhere in the US.
Perk Program- more than 300,000 products from more than 50,000 leading merchants
Tickets at Work – cost-free benefit which provides you access to thousands of exclusive travel and entertainment discounts
Trip Beat – up to 40% savings at more than 2,400 resort condo properties in 90 countries starting at only $399. per week.
We have 100’s of discounts to local retailers.
Please visit https://beatoday.com/merchant-discounts/ to see local merchants willing to provide wonderful discounts as a service to our members.
SBEA Payroll Deductions
Just a friendly reminder to our members on our payroll policy
The payroll deduction policy is: 1 payroll deduction per member, per month, limit of up to $150.00 and all money will be taken out of 1 check. Also, you will not be able to purchase gift cards on payroll deductions. You can purchase them with cash, credit card or debit cards only. It is the responsibility of SBEA to protect your association and with everything happening at Spirit right now feel that we must take this precautionary action. This could change at any moment depending on circumstances at Spirit Aero Systems. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause our members and hope this does not last too long.
- Members can only do 2 payroll deductions per month.
- Each payroll deduction is limited to $300.00.
- Member must spend $25.00 to be able to do a payroll deduction. Any deduction from $25.00 – $100.00 will come out in 1 paycheck.
- Any amount over $100.00 you may divide into 2 pay checks.
- If your account balance goes over $600.00 for any reason your account will be frozen until you have it paid down to $300.00.
- If for any reason your account is not paid off in 60 days you will not be allowed to do any more payroll deductions until the full amount is paid in full.
- We will ask for email addresses so we may contact the member should we need to notify them of any payroll issues.
- If a member does 2 payroll deductions in one week the deductions will be added together and processed as 1 deduction.
- If for any reason we cannot collect what is owed to SBEA when a payroll deduction is submitted you will be suspended from doing further payroll deductions until debt is paid in full. If this problem continues your privileges will be reviewed for suspension or payroll deduction privileges will be revoked.
- If your payroll deduction is sent to collections you will lose the privilege of doing payroll deductions permanently and your membership is suspended until the debt is paid.
- Violations of this policy could cause a member to be suspended from doing payroll deductions or lose the ability to do payroll deductions at all.
SBEA Return Check Policy
Due to the amount of returned checks we have received recently, we thought we would give a little reminder of our check policy.
- All returned checks will be charged a $35.00 service fee. (Subject to change)
- Stopped payments are the same as any returned check, with a $35.00 service charge.
- 2 returned checks will result in a 1 year suspension of your check-writing privileges.
- After the 4th returned check you will be placed on a no more ever list and will not be allowed to write any more checks to SBEA.
- Upon appeal, check-writing privileges may be restored at the discretion of the Board.
- If you do not pick up your returned check within 15 days your check writing privileges will be suspended for 6 months.
- If returned checks are not picked up within 60 days they will be sent to collections.
- If a check is sent to collections you will loose all check privileges forever.
- If you have an unpaid returned check you will not be allowed to do a payroll deduction. (Unless you want to pick up the returned check on a payroll deduction.)
- SBEA will not take any check that does not have your name and address printed on it or any check that does not have a printed number on it higher than 300.
- Members may only write one check a day for cash not to exceed $20.00.
- If your checks were lost/stolen, or returned in error, check with manager for details.
Boats and Paddle Boats have been removed from the water for the season for maintenance and repairs. They will return in spring, check with the lake store for more information.
We recognize the value of our existing customers and we want to reward you for your continuous business. Each time you spend $10.00 or more a trip on clothing, tackle, merchandise or candy the clerk will take the customer loyalty card and date and initial 1 spot. After 5 separate visits where the member spends more than $10.00 in any SBEA store the clerk will sign and date the members SBEA Loyalty Card and have the members sign and add their BMIS number on the back of the card.
Once the Loyalty Card is full, the member will receive 20% off one (1) item of merchandise, clothing or tackle only, no other departments (one item only not the entire purchase).
20% off offer does not apply to tickets, candy, flowers, gift cards, tools, dues or bait.
Save on your 2020 hunting, fishing or combo license. You can purchase them at the main store or lake store. Prices are: hunting license $24.75 (reg. $27.50), fishing license $24.75 (reg. $27.50) and a combo license Early buy before Feb. 1, 2017 are $38.25 (reg. 42.50). After Feb. 1, 2017 combo licenses will go up to $42.75 (reg. 47.50).
Going to retire or have already retired, have we got something for you! Did you know you can remain a SBEA member after retirement from Boeing or Spirit for just $40.00 a year? With the retiree membership you can enjoy all the activities throughout the year; fish at the lake, shop in the lake store and at the SBEA store in the Meritrust Credit Union on S. Oliver and enjoy all of the same great discounts you had during your active years. When you retire from Boeing or Spirit, and do not go to work for the other company, you are eligible to keep your membership current. Bring something to show your retirement status down to the SBEA Administration Office at 4226 S. Gold. to join. For more information, please contact Susan at 522-2996 or email her at email@example.com.
Did you lose something the last time you visited SBEA? This past year SBEA has acquired quit a bit of lost items and would love to be able to return them to their rightful owners. We just need for the right owner to come in, describe what the item is that is missing. Please see Rebecca or Pat and they will be glad to see if the lost items are yours.
White Perch Alert
Looking for Donations
To help maintain or repair the fishing docks, we are always in need of lumber to help with the upkeep of the lake. So if anyone has any lumber lying around or has finished a job and wants to get rid of scraps (3 ft or longer) please let Trish or Steve Maltibe know. SBEA would be grateful for whatever you would like to donate. 316-522-2996.