Going to retire or have already retired, have we got something for you! Did you know you can remain a SBEA member after retirement from Boeing or Spirit for just $40.00 a year? With the retiree membership you can enjoy all the activities throughout the year; fish at the lake, shop in the lake store and at the SBEA store in the Meritrust Credit Union on S. Oliver and enjoy all of the same great discounts you had during your active years. When you retire from Boeing or Spirit, and do not go to work for the other company, you are eligible to keep your membership current. Bring something to show your retirement status down to the SBEA Administration Office at 4226 S. Gold. to join. For more information, please contact Susan at 522-2996 or email her at email@example.com.
November 24, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The contest will depend on the water temperature if it will be a trout contest or a catfish tournament. Please watch Facebook and our website closer to the date for the type of contest that will be held on November 24.
The largest catfish/trout caught wins a Lew’s rod & reel combo. You must be a member and register your catch with the ranger, and fish must be legal size and alive.
Save up to 30% off on all red tagged tackle & merchandise located at the front of the store by the register.
Inventory red tag sale: Check out the red tag sale going on at all SBEA stores on spring items, housewares, toys, jewelry, sunglasses and more.
Stop in and check out the new merchandise that has arrived in the lake store. Also the lake store sells live bait, worms and other fishing bait as well as a great selection of tackle and fishing poles. Support your SBEA lake store by shopping for all your fishing needs.
When it comes to your busy lifestyle, it’s good to know that someone has you covered. No more fighting traffic, wasting precious time and energy running into how many stores to compare the products and prices. Save time and money by shopping at the SBEA lake store. Don’t see what you are looking for, check with Rebecca to see if she can order it for you. Fishing and hunting catalogs are available for you to browse through if you are looking for a special item. This is a great place to do some of your Father’s Day shopping for your fisherman or hunter.
Elections Coming Up
The 2018 SBEA Board of Directors election is coming up in November. Now’s the time to start thinking about possible candidates to fill 2 (3 year) positions. All candidates must have been a SBEA member in good standing for at least 1 year prior to the date of their nomination. Nomination forms will be available at all SBEA stores on September 24. Nomination forms will be accepted September 24 – October 12. No forms will be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on October 12. If you have questions about what a Board member does and their obligations please call Trish at 522-2996 or contact a present Board member. Their email address are on the SBEA web page under About.
Check out the special “Grab Bags” priced just right for our members.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Lake & Store are both closed on Monday & Tuesday year round except for some holidays.
SBEA Payroll Deductions
Just a friendly reminder to our members on our payroll policy
- Members can only do 2 payroll deductions per month and is limited to $300.00 per deduction.
- Member must spend $25.00 to be able to do a payroll deduction.
- Any amount over $100.00 you may divide into 2 pay checks.
- If your account balance goes over $600.00 for any reason your account will be frozen until you have it paid down to $300.00.
- If for any reason your account is not paid off in 60 days you will not be allowed to do any more payroll deductions until the full amount is paid in full.
- We will ask for email addresses so we may contact the member should we need to notify them of any payroll issues.
- If a member does 2 payroll deductions in one week the deductions will be added together and processed as 1 deduction.
SBEA Return Check Policy
Due to the amount of returned checks we have received recently, we thought we would give a little reminder of our check policy.
- All returned checks will be charged a $35.00 service fee. (Subject to change)
- Stopped payments are the same as any returned check, with a $35.00 service charge.
- 2 returned checks will result in a 1 year suspension of your check-writing privileges.
- After the 4th returned check you will be placed on a no more ever list and will not be allowed to write any more checks to SBEA.
- Upon appeal, check-writing privileges may be restored at the discretion of the Board.
- If you do not pick up your returned check within 15 days your check writing privileges will be suspended for 6 months.
- If returned checks are not picked up within 60 days they will be sent to collections.
- If a check is sent to collections you will loose all check privileges forever.
- If you have an unpaid returned check you will not be allowed to do a payroll deduction. (Unless you want to pick up the returned check on a payroll deduction.)
- SBEA will not take any check that does not have your name and address printed on it or any check that does not have a printed number on it higher than 300.
- Members may only write one check a day for cash not to exceed $20.00.
- If your checks were lost/stolen, or returned in error, check with manager for details.
Save on your 2017 hunting, fishing or combo license. Combo license pricing will be going up starting Feb. 1, 2017 so get yours now at the early buy pricing. You can purchase them at the main store or lake store. Prices are: hunting license $24.75 (reg. $27.50), fishing license $24.75 (reg. $27.50) and a combo license Early buy before Feb. 1, 2017 are $38.25 (reg. 42.50). After Feb. 1, 2017 combo licenses will go up to $42.75 (reg. 47.50).
Spring turkey hunters can save by purchasing a Spring Turkey Permit Combo, which includes a Spring Turkey Permit and Spring Turkey Game tag, available only through March 31. A resident Spring Turkey Combo sells for $37.50. After March 31, you’ll spend $45 purchasing a Spring Turkey Permit and Turkey Game Tag separately.
Boats and Paddle Boats have been removed from the water for the season for maintenance and repairs. They will return in spring, check with the lake store for more information.
SBEA provides a listing of merchants willing to provide discounts as a service to our members.
Visit https://beatoday.com/merchant-discounts/ to see more merchants willing to provide wonderful discounts as a service to our members.
Check your SBEA stores for new additional discounted merchandise.
We recognize the value of our existing customers and we want to reward you for your continuous business. Each time you spend $10.00 or more a trip on clothing, tackle, merchandise or candy the clerk will take the customer loyalty card and date and initial 1 spot. After 5 separate visits where the member spends more than $10.00 in any SBEA store the clerk will sign and date the members SBEA Loyalty Card and have the members sign and add their BMIS number on the back of the card.
Once the Loyalty Card is full, the member will receive 20% off one (1) item of merchandise, clothing or tackle only, no other departments (one item only not the entire purchase).
20% off offer does not apply to tickets, candy, flowers, gift cards, tools, dues or bait.
Did you lose something the last time you visited SBEA? This past year SBEA has acquired quit a bit of lost items and would love to be able to return them to their rightful owners. We just need for the right owner to come in, describe what the item is that is missing. Please see Rebecca or Pat and they will be glad to see if the lost items are yours.
White Perch Alert
Looking for Donations
To help maintain or repair the fishing docks, we are always in need of lumber to help with the upkeep of the lake. So if anyone has any lumber lying around or has finished a job and wants to get rid of scraps (3 ft or longer) please let Trish or Steve Maltibe know. SBEA would be grateful for whatever you would like to donate. 316-522-2996.