Lunker Catfish Tournament
This Saturday & Sunday, May 18 & 19
Only those entered in tournament will be allowed to fish. This is a fund raiser for SBEA.
Your chance to catch the “BIG” one and take 1st place has just gotten better. Grab your fishing poles and don’t worry about bait, our lake store can accommodate all your needs for this tournament. Once the fish for this tournament have been stocked in the lake there will be no fishing until the tournament starts at 8 a.m. on May 18. Only those that have paid to enter the tournament will be allowed to fish until the tournament is over. This is a 24 hour tournament; registration starts at 7 a.m. on May 18 and the tournament starts at 8 a.m. May 19 weigh in time is at 8 a.m. sharp; however you may weigh in anytime during the tournament if you do not want to stay the whole time. You may pre-register at the lake store and pay your $25 entry fee or pay any time to enter the fishing tournament The lake will be stocked with “BIG” channel cat for this tournament. There will be 3 cash prizes for the three largest creel of 4 catfish; 1st place, ($250), 2nd place ($150) and 3rd place ($100) and then $100 if you want to enter the contest for largest catfish caught for an additional $5.00 entry fee. All rules of the lake must be followed with no gold fish allowed for bait and 2 poles per fisherman. No buddy system will be allowed, you must catch your own fish and they must be kept on your own stringer or in your own basket and kept in the water. Vehicles will be subject to inspection. Contestants will be supplied with an armband and rods used in the tournament will be tagged. Tournament ends promptly at 8 a.m. on May 19. If you do not present your fish by that time you will be disqualified, so be sure to be on time. For your convenience the bait shop will be open until midnight on May 18. This event will be open to the public however if contestant is not a member they will have to pay the $15 day fee to enter the property. The lake will be closed for fishing to everyone who is not a contestant in the tournament. Camping will be allowed for those in the tournament on May 18.
May 25, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The largest catfish caught wins a Zebo Bigcat rod & reel combo. You must be a member and register your catch with the ranger, and fish must be legal size and alive.
SBEA provides a listing of merchants willing to provide discounts as a service to our members.
Visit https://beatoday.com/merchant-discounts/ to see more merchants willing to provide wonderful discounts as a service to our members.
January Creel Catch
Catfish 16, Trout 200, Crappie 4 – Total 220
True Utility Pocket tool set
True Utility 7 essential tool kit
True Utility multi pack
Stop in and check out the new merchandise that has arrived in the lake store. Also the lake store sells live bait, worms and other fishing bait as well as a great selection of tackle and fishing poles. Support your SBEA lake store by shopping for all your fishing needs.
When it comes to your busy lifestyle, it’s good to know that someone has you covered. No more fighting traffic, wasting precious time and energy running into how many stores to compare the products and prices. Save time and money by shopping at the SBEA lake store. Don’t see what you are looking for, check with Pat to see if she can order it for you.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wed.- Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Lake & Store are both closed on Monday & Tuesday year round except for some holidays.
The lake will open on May 24 and stay open until 10:00 p.m. on Monday May 27.
Overnight Camping Hours:
Lake Hours are open Fri. 7:00 a.m. until Sun. 10.00 p.m.
SBEA Payroll Deductions
Just a friendly reminder to our members on our payroll policy
- Members can only do 2 payroll deductions per month and is limited to $300.00 per deduction.
- Member must spend $25.00 to be able to do a payroll deduction.
- Any amount over $100.00 you may divide into 2 pay checks.
- If your account balance goes over $600.00 for any reason your account will be frozen until you have it paid down to $300.00.
- If for any reason your account is not paid off in 60 days you will not be allowed to do any more payroll deductions until the full amount is paid in full.
- We will ask for email addresses so we may contact the member should we need to notify them of any payroll issues.
- If a member does 2 payroll deductions in one week the deductions will be added together and processed as 1 deduction.
SBEA Return Check Policy
Due to the amount of returned checks we have received recently, we thought we would give a little reminder of our check policy.
- All returned checks will be charged a $35.00 service fee. (Subject to change)
- Stopped payments are the same as any returned check, with a $35.00 service charge.
- 2 returned checks will result in a 1 year suspension of your check-writing privileges.
- After the 4th returned check you will be placed on a no more ever list and will not be allowed to write any more checks to SBEA.
- Upon appeal, check-writing privileges may be restored at the discretion of the Board.
- If you do not pick up your returned check within 15 days your check writing privileges will be suspended for 6 months.
- If returned checks are not picked up within 60 days they will be sent to collections.
- If a check is sent to collections you will loose all check privileges forever.
- If you have an unpaid returned check you will not be allowed to do a payroll deduction. (Unless you want to pick up the returned check on a payroll deduction.)
- SBEA will not take any check that does not have your name and address printed on it or any check that does not have a printed number on it higher than 300.
- Members may only write one check a day for cash not to exceed $20.00.
- If your checks were lost/stolen, or returned in error, check with manager for details.
We have purchased 2 new Jon boats to replace 2 of our V bottom boat and are available to rent. The boats are a big safety concern to us. You can view all the rules on our website at https://beatoday.com/lake/rules-and-regulations/#boating-rules.
12’ to 14’ fishing boats available for rent. $2.00 per person/per hour.
$1.00 per person/per 30 minutes. .50¢ per person for the next 1/2 hour.
We recognize the value of our existing customers and we want to reward you for your continuous business. Each time you spend $10.00 or more a trip on clothing, tackle, merchandise or candy the clerk will take the customer loyalty card and date and initial 1 spot. After 5 separate visits where the member spends more than $10.00 in any SBEA store the clerk will sign and date the members SBEA Loyalty Card and have the members sign and add their BMIS number on the back of the card.
Once the Loyalty Card is full, the member will receive 20% off one (1) item of merchandise, clothing or tackle only, no other departments (one item only not the entire purchase).
20% off offer does not apply to tickets, candy, flowers, gift cards, tools, dues or bait.
Save on your 2019 hunting, fishing or combo license. Combo license pricing will be going up starting Feb. 1, 2017 so get yours now at the early buy pricing. You can purchase them at the main store or lake store. Prices are: hunting license $24.75 (reg. $27.50), fishing license $24.75 (reg. $27.50) and a combo license Early buy before Feb. 1, 2017 are $38.25 (reg. 42.50). After Feb. 1, 2017 combo licenses will go up to $42.75 (reg. 47.50).
Spring turkey hunters can save by purchasing a Spring Turkey Permit Combo, which includes a Spring Turkey Permit and Spring Turkey Game tag, available only through March 31. A resident Spring Turkey Combo sells for $37.50. After March 31, you’ll spend $45 purchasing a Spring Turkey Permit and Turkey Game Tag separately.
Going to retire or have already retired, have we got something for you! Did you know you can remain a SBEA member after retirement from Boeing or Spirit for just $40.00 a year? With the retiree membership you can enjoy all the activities throughout the year; fish at the lake, shop in the lake store and at the SBEA store in the Meritrust Credit Union on S. Oliver and enjoy all of the same great discounts you had during your active years. When you retire from Boeing or Spirit, and do not go to work for the other company, you are eligible to keep your membership current. Bring something to show your retirement status down to the SBEA Administration Office at 4226 S. Gold. to join. For more information, please contact Susan at 522-2996 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you lose something the last time you visited SBEA? This past year SBEA has acquired quit a bit of lost items and would love to be able to return them to their rightful owners. We just need for the right owner to come in, describe what the item is that is missing. Please see Rebecca or Pat and they will be glad to see if the lost items are yours.
White Perch Alert
Looking for Donations
To help maintain or repair the fishing docks, we are always in need of lumber to help with the upkeep of the lake. So if anyone has any lumber lying around or has finished a job and wants to get rid of scraps (3 ft or longer) please let Trish or Steve Maltibe know. SBEA would be grateful for whatever you would like to donate. 316-522-2996.